11. The means of grace are the Word, Baptism, and The Lord's Supper. By these means, God applies the merits of Jesus' atoning death to all who believe in Jesus as their Savior.
12. Jesus will come again to take all believers to Himself. On the final day, all the dead will be raised. Those who are still alive will be bodily transformed. After this, the final judgement will take place. Unbelievers will suffer eternal condemnation, and believers will receive eternal life.
13. The true Christian church is made up of all believers of all times who believe in the Triune God and recognize Jesus Christ as their only Savior.
14. The true visible church is the church which correctly preaches and teaches God's Word and administers Baptism and the Lord's Supper according to the teachings of Scripture.
15. Christians are called to tell others that the only way of salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ. They show their faith by their deeds of love towards others.
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is His message to all people. The entire Bible points to Jesus as the Savior.
2. There is only one true God. He is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We call this mystery of one God and yet three persons, the Trinity.
3. God is the creator of everything that exists.
4. People were created by God pure and holy to live according to His will, doing what was pleasing to Him.
5. Adam and Eve, the man and woman God created in the beginning, went against God's will and brought sin into the world. Since that time, all people have been conceived and born in sin.
6. Sin results in a broken relationship with God. It is not living according to His will in our thoughts, words, and deeds.
7. We cannot save ourselves by our good works or restore ourselves to a right relationship with God.
8. God sent His Son, Jesus, into the world. He is both true God and true man. He lived to fulfill God's law for us, died on the cross to pay the penalty our sins deserved, and rose from the dead so that we might have eternal life. He ascended into heaven, where he now sits at the right hand of the Father to intercede for us.
9. Because of Jesus' death on the cross, God declares the Christian forgiven and righteous. This happens not because of human effort, but because forgiveness and righteousness have been won by Jesus and are applied to the one who believes in Jesus as Savior.
10. Faith in Jesus is a gift of God, given by the power of the Holy Spirit who works through the means of grace, thus all the glory belongs to God.